1. Use the right amount of detergent and fabric softener to avoid overusing and wasting them.
2. Choose a less expensive time of day to do your laundry when the machines are cheaper to use.
3. Try to wash full loads to maximize the number of clothes being washed in a single cycle.
4. Sort your laundry beforehand to avoid damaging clothes and having to rewash them.
5. Bring your own detergent, fabric softener, and dryer sheets to avoid purchasing them at the laundromat.
6. Pre-treat stains at home to avoid having to pay for a separate stain removal service at the laundromat.
7. Consider hand-washing delicate items instead of using a machine to save on machine costs and avoid damage.
8. Use cold water instead of hot water to save on energy costs.
9. Use a clothesline or drying rack instead of the dryer to save on electricity.
10. Consider investing in your own washer and dryer if you do laundry frequently, as it can be cheaper in the long run.